Steph said so. I’m not being prideful or boastful at all. Flutterby In Stitches has been nominated for the One Lovely Blog Award. What’s lovely about this is that just under a year ago I started this blog for myself. To simply motivate myself on towards finishing my Box of Unfinished Treasures and to continue my craft. It’s been such a great motivator, to proudly show off and document my progress and achievements. I’ve finished a blanket, a scarf, a few other things, and learnt to crochet!
Along the way I have gained followers who read and “like” my yarn loveliness. It is a blessing to be a blessing in bringing loveliness into the world. Gifts for loved ones and sharing the process with you all. I love sharing the stories behind what I am working on. Each piece that a knitter/crocheter creates carries within it an adventure.
The award comes with strings attached. I must tell you 7 things about myself. My other blog recently had this award so I’ll try not to just repeat what I said there.
1. My favourite colour is blue. Except when it comes to cars. Then it’s red.
2. I like tomatoes so much that I can eat them like apples.
3. I believe chick flicks are overrated and it’s action/adventure/sci fi and deep drama stuff all the way. Except maybe on DVD I’ll watch a chick flick. I do love quirky movies too.. like Ruby Sparks, see it if you haven’t!
4. I love reading and I love movies. It’s all about story, I love stories.
5. I have a short attention span and that’s why most of my projects are small. It is also why I knit/crochet as I will rarely sit and watch something without doing something else.
6. My new addiction is photography and I have a lovely DSLR Camera that I call “Nik” (short for Nikon..tee he he). This addiction partners well with my knitting/crochet one.
7. Last but not least….. ummm…. I really believe that a cup of tea makes everything better.
The next part that is that I nominate others for the award. I wish that I could nominate Steph for her blog “She Said What”. I don’t think it works that way. That’s another lovely thing about this award, it’s a pass it on one. Have a look at her blog though, it’s deep, clever and never fails to make me laugh out loud!
The nominees are:
1. Chelsea at My Novel Addiction – Great blog reviewing books that she’s reading (we went to Uni together many moons ago).
2. Kylie at This Little Mummy Stayed Home – She’s new to the blogging world and I am loving her real tales about her life as a stay at home mum. (We also went to school together!)
3. Crayons and Milk - It’s knitting and crochet More Yarn Loveliness.
4. Lauren is amazingly courageous in her vulnerability. I love reading her blog, vulnerability is a powerful thing
My dear fellow bloggers, if you have found your way here because you were nominated… congratulations! You need to follow the following rules:
1. Say thanks to the person who nominated you.
2. Tell us all 7 Things About You!
3. Nominate some other blogs